Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
The Benefits Coordinator will administer the day-to-day delivery of Shake Shack’s Benefits including health, wellness, retirement and leave of absence administration. Acts as the first point of contact for all Shake Shack team members and serves as primary contact for vendors and third-party administrators escalating to other Total Rewards and People Resources team members as appropriate.
- Responsible for day-to-day support activities, including, but not limited to: assisting employees with questions and resolution of benefits matters, processing participant enrollments, changes, and terminations
- Support leave of absence program including parental benefits, employee relations, and tracking in accordance with Shake Shack disability management protocols, Federal and State regulations, and the leave TPA
- Maintains records and procedures for administration and assists in the ongoing management of all materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment, and summary plan documents including the maintenance of this material on the Intranet and other internal portals
- Supports the relationships with 10 external vendors and benefits broker through invoice management as well as technical support in the delivery of programs including 401(k) and ACA
- Works collaboratively with other functional areas including People Resource Business Partners, HR Systems, Information Technology and Payroll especially with the support of audit and Workday testing
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of LOA and general benefits administration
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Knowledge in HRIS & report tracking
- Knowledge of Workday is desired
- Advanced Excel skill
- 1-2 years of related work experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.