People Analyst, Reporting & Insights
Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
People Analyst, Reporting & Insights
The HR Technology People Analyst, Reporting & Insights role is responsible for empowering people resources and operational leadership to make timely, actionable, data driven decisions through the creation of scalable, efficient, intuitive, self-service reporting, analytics, and insights. Serving in a supportive and consulting capacity the analyst will help identify business objectives or outcomes and translate/document them into requirements for report development and/or analysis. Responsible for building and maintaining custom Workday HCM reports and dashboards the Analyst will directly impact and enhance our team member journey, experience, communication, and company performance.
- Develops and maintains simple to complex reports and visualizations, including but not limited to advanced, matrix, composite reports, metrics/KPIs, and dashboards utilizing Workday Report Writer, Worksheets, Discovery Boards, Slides, Report Designer (BIRT) and Prism, as well as other Shake Shack tools and available technologies. Adheres to data governance standards and security while evaluating and optimizing report performance.
- In partnership with people resources, operations, and other cross-functional team members gathers and documents requirements, assess complexity and level of effort estimates, prioritizes capacity, and defines development and analysis timelines. Identifies continuous improvement and experience opportunities and recommends solutions and enhancements for adoption.
- Develops and maintains tenant wide and report specific complex calculated fields, summary calculations, and analytic indicators. Identifies and remediates duplicative and deprecated fields. Adheres to data governance standards and security while evaluating and optimizing field performance.
- Performs, prepares, and communicates analysis, insights, and recommendations in and easy to understand actionable way driving people and company performance. Leverages industry research, benchmarks, and external data to enrich and enhance the analysis. Develops and delivers training to support self-service reporting, data literacy, scheduling, and best practices.
- Creates and maintains a standardized people resources metric set, definitions, calculations, supporting reports, review, and publishing process. Uses near real-time dashboards, worksheets, discovery boards, and workday slides to communicate metric results and insights to people resources and operational leaders in an efficient, scalable, secure, intuitive, and visually appealing manner.
- Maintains the people resources reporting inventory to ensure consistent naming, descriptions, tagging, formatting, filters, and share permissions. Organizes and monitors persona-based report packages and inventory to maximize self-service reporting functionality and minimize ad-hoc report requests. Responsible for scheduled future processes monitoring including recurrence renewals, user group and share permissions.
- Identify test scenarios, develop test scripts, and provide key support in Workday Feature Releases, Regression Testing, Security, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Builds relationships throughout Shake Shack to understand business strategies, workforce strategies, and areas where analytic insight can add value and provide direction to influence decision makers.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with Human Resources systems, specifically Workday. Strong proficiency in MS Excel, including experience with modeling. Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.