Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise FP&A and Investor Relations
Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Financial Analyst - Enterprise FP&A and Investor Relations
Shake Shack is seeking an experienced, proactive, driven Senior FP&A Analyst in its Finance team. Through clean and accurate financial modeling, business driving quantitative analysis, and strategic thinking, you will play a critical role in driving decision-making and the Company’s overall business planning and forecasting process.
You will be a highly independent, self-starter who collaborates with functions across the company including direct interactions with the CEO and CFO. You will build and manage financial analysis at the enterprise level and use findings of that analysis inform strategic plans. As a critical link between Investor Relations and the internal finance team, you are responsible for helping to produce Board of Director presentations and external facing presentations such as quarterly Earnings supplemental materials and external guidance modeling. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which includes managing expected and unexpected deadlines. You possess a high-level of intellectual curiosity and can influence others without direct authority.
Enterprise Forecasting and Budgeting:
- Works closely with finance team and business leaders to gather insight into business trends to update monthly forecasts and long-term planning models
- Key player in enterprise-wide annual budget process including consolidating inputs across organization and delivering informed perspectives on results
- Responsible for monthly executive P&L reporting and being able to present monthly results to E-Team
Management of Analyst Financial Models:
- Responsible for guidance modeling and thorough understanding of analyst models
- Runs the modeling of enterprise and strategic investments using DCF and other valuation methods
Business Partner to Functional Leads:
- Strong, vocal and professional business partner to functions to assist them with understanding drivers and trends in their business
- Identify growth opportunities in the business and develop ideas with organization leaders into strategic business plans including financial outcomes
- Produce enterprise-level reporting such as P&Ls, KPI’s, reviews financial presentation produced by the broader finance team including monthly financial reviews with executives, board of directors’ presentations, and earnings supplemental materials
Investor Relations Support:
- Design, write and produce IR documents, including earnings documents (presentation slides, script and Q&A, annual shareholder meeting), conference and roadshow materials and other investor materials
- Answering research analyst questions using cross-functional resources Regularly update key inputs from FP&A (e.g. forecast, capital expenditure), Supply Chain (e.g. commodity price expectations), Development (e.g. new Shacks) etc.
Skills & Knowledge
- Highly skilled with MS Excel and building dynamic financial models
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor based on audience and present confidently and cohesively
- Ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners some of whom will have little to no financial knowledge or training
- 4+ years of relevant of experience
- P&L Management Experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.