Pride Is Sweeter, Together!
At Shake Shack, no two days look the same, but the last couple of years have especially shaken things up. That’s why we’re more excited than ever to introduce our 2022 Pride Campaign: Together is Sweeter!
In the spirit of coming together to celebrate, 3% of sales from all three of our featured summer Shakes will go directly to our friends at The Trevor Project for the month of June—with a minimum donation of $75,000! Here’s what we’re spinnin’ up:
Chocolate Churro Shake
Hand-spun cinnamon churro frozen custard with spiced dark chocolate sauce, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon waffle cone crumbles
Sprinkle Cookie Shake
Cookie butter frozen custard hand spun with rainbow crispies, topped with whipped cream and sprinkles
OREO Cookie Funnel Cake Shake
OREO cookies and funnel cake crunch hand spun with vanilla frozen custard, topped with chocolate whipped cream
From June 1-30, guests can grab these shakes at all U.S. Shacks (excluding airports, stadiums and ballparks).
About The Trevor Project
Our longtime partner, The Trevor Project, is the world’s largest suicide prevention and intervention organization for LGBTQ+ young people. It is estimated that more than 1.8 million LGBTQ+ youth seriously consider suicide each year in the U.S. and could benefit from the services they provide. The Trevor Project is available whenever and wherever people need support, and it’s always 100% free.
Supporting the LGBTQ+ community all year long
At Shake Shack, our mission is to Stand for Something Good®, from our commitment to delivering an elevated guest experience to supporting and investing in our people and communities around the world. Shake Shack has proudly been an advocate of diversity and inclusion since we started out and while we know there is always more work to be done, we actively work to support the LGBTQ+ community—from team members to our guests—year-round.
Earlier this year, we released our annual Stand For Something Good® Summary, outlining company milestones with a focus on important topics like community support, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and employee benefits. We also had the honor of earning a 100% score on Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index, further underscoring our support of the LGBTQ+ community in the workplace.
Our HEROIQ+ Shack Fam
To us, “Together is Sweeter” means coming together to celebrate and support our LGBTQ+ team members and provide education to the entire company. In 2020 we established an Employee Resource Group (ERG) called HEROIQ+ which stands for ‘Helping Educate Regarding Orientation, Identity, + Queerness (Plus!)’. This group meets regularly and is made up of employees from Shacks all over the world. HEROIQ+ has established a series of pillars to help further representation, education, and understanding at every level of Shake Shack. This year, HEROIQ+’s primary pillars are:
- Partner with LGBTQ+ organizations to do things like coordinate local donation days throughout the year and work with larger partners like The Trevor Project for the month of June.
- Educate our internal team by sharing important resources and guides for LGBTQ+ employees and allies. This year, the focus is on pronoun education. We’ve provided educational resources about pronouns on our internal website and are securing pronoun pins and stickers for all team members working in Shacks.
- Celebrate diversity and inclusion as well as all our LGBTQ+ team members throughout the year.
In addition to our donation to The Trevor Project and participation locally, HEROIQ+ has planned several moments for our Shack Fam to celebrate Pride in June, including:
- Educational posters to inform team members about the history of Pride, how to get involved locally, and acknowledging all the work that still needs to be done.
- Continuing the tradition of a special Stand Together Series in support of Pride month. Stand Together is an internal all-company educational forum used to drive dialogue and foster a more inclusive workplace. This month, our guest speaker is Dubbs Weinblatt, the Founder and Executive Producer of the Thank You For Coming Out Podcast.
We couldn’t be more thrilled to bring "Together is Sweeter” to life at Shacks all over the country and spin up some sweet Shakes for you all month to celebrate Pride!