Caring for Our Shack Community
To our Shack Community,
Hospitality is about being on your side. Shake Shack’s role in the world has always been to enrich the lives of others. It’s about putting our people first and ensuring the wellbeing of our team members, guests, and communities. With that as our guide, and in response to the current COVID-19, or coronavirus, we wanted to give you an update on how we’re staying on top of it in all our restaurants.
Throughout our 16 years of serving you, you’ve trusted us to keep the highest levels of cleanliness, sanitation, and food safety. Over the last few weeks, we’ve built on the many procedures we’ve long had in place to further strengthen our approach in this current moment.
Things may look and feel a bit different in your local Shack right now and we appreciate you understanding how we’re operating to keep you safe. In addition to our usual routines, here are some of the extra measures we’ve introduced that you’ll see the next time you visit a Shack:
• We’ve added extra requirements and increased frequency for disinfecting surfaces and deep cleaning throughout the day.
• We’re stationing sanitizing wipes at all of our kiosks and condiment stations, and additional hand sanitizer dispensers for guests will be available.
• All condiments, utensils, and self-serve items will now be handed out by our Shack team upon request.
• All mobile, to-go and delivery orders will be placed in a new, fully sealed bag.
• We’re consistently emphasizing the importance of the health and well-being of our team members. We offer sick pay to our whole team nationwide and are making sure anyone feeling sick knows to stay home. Rest assured, we’ll be taking care of our team during this time.
• We will continue to follow updates and protocol suggested by the CDC, local Departments of Public Health, and World Health Organization to best ensure the safety of our guests and team members.
• As this is a fluid situation, you may see certain Shacks adjusting hours or modifying our operations. There may even be moments where we temporarily choose to close a Shack if we feel it’s in the interest of the safety of our team and community.
During this time, we also want to remind you that you can always pre-order through our app or web channels and we’ll have your order waiting on our pick-up shelves when you walk in.
And if you want to hang at home, we’ll bring your order straight to your doorstep with delivery from Grubhub or Seamless.
As always, we’re thankful for the privilege to serve you.
CEO, Shake Shack